The Communication for Actuaries course is tailor-made for actuaries and the situations that you encounter. It is an interactive training course that ensures that the theory is immediately applied through various exercises (e.g. exchanges in small groups, role-plays, discussions) that relate to terms or situations of your day-to-day work.
The course is designed to give you a solid foundation on the topic of communication and to practice what you learn so you can use the gained knowledge in areas that are relevant for your work. The last day offers you the opportunity to make a short presentation specific to your work for which you will be given individual feedback. At the end of the course, you will know exactly how to tackle your next communication challenge.
The overall 12-hour course covers specific topics like:
• Communication patterns/models, types of behavior/learning
• Verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
• Virtual communication
• Presentation (as if “on stage“ and “on screen”) skills
• Discussion & Negotiation
During the web session, the participants will learn to:
• Communicate effectively a clear message to any stakeholder
• Make sure that the message is being understood (Make the „complicated“ „easy-to–understand“ to non-actuaries)
• Structure their thoughts and findings in an effective way
• Recognize which patterns/words can have the best impact for which target group
• Practice in writing, in role plays and in presenting
• Participate/lead discussions and negotiations effectively
• Use their voice in a healthy and stable way
• Increase the chance of achieving their objectives with their work
• Come across as credible, knowledgeable and constructive business partners
The communication topics 9.1.1. to 9.1.8. of the AAE Core Syllabus are sufficiently to fully covered within this course.